Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Above Your Head


Anoraak has released this track for free, so there's no harm in giving it a listen.

This tune has a mellow 80s 'Prom Night Slow Dance' bass line accompanied by lilting synth and a steady, walking beat.  The overall feel is a soft, melancholy love song with a comfy electro-pop pace that takes me back in time a little.

The falsetto chorus sometimes surprises me while I'm lost in the mood the rest of this tune creates. Also, the bridge doesn't do enough with the personality of the song, leaving me impatient for it to end.

Speaking of ending, the track finishes abruptly, but in a way that leaves space for reflection, so intentional or not, I like the way it comes to a close.  Apart from a boring bridge, 'Above Your Head' is a nice mood piece to forget your troubles with, so it makes the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment